Single Tenant Insider
IN THIS ISSUE:
• Market Update
• Industry Soundbites
• Ask Nancy
• Recent Sales
• Acquisition Opportunities
• Properties Wanted
Nancy Miller, CCIM
Net Lease Investments
Bull Realty, Inc.
404-876-1640 x 118
- PRICE ADJUSTMENT
- Large Applebee's franchisee
- $2,600,000/7.0% cap
- 9+ years remaining on NNN lease
- PRICE ADJUSTMENT
- $1,054,000/ 7.2% cap
- 10 yrs remaining on 11 year NNN lease with options
- Rare 3% rent bump in 11th year
- REDUCED PRICE!
- $950,0000/ 8.3% cap
- 7 yrs remaining on 15 year NN lease with options
- BACK UP OFFERS AVAILABLE!
- New construction
- $2,232,500/ 6.0% cap
- 15 year NNN
- High growth Charleston MSA
- Planned June/July completion
♦ Single Tenant Properties - $2.5-$4M
- Larger metros
- 10+ years
- 6%+ cap
Would you like to see what your property would bring in today's market? CLICK HERE
Listen to the Net Lease Experts on the CRE Show
Nancy Miller, President of National Net Lease Investments with Bull Realty and Tim Kinney, Vice President of Capital Markets with Marcus & Millichap joined Michael in Studio One to discuss what's hot in single tenant net lease.
As Some Retailers Stumble,
Dollar Stores Continue to Show Strength
"The dollar store segment is benefitting from current trends in the big-box retail space and national economy, taking this time to expand current store models while experimenting with smaller spaces geared toward customer's convenience.
This sector is less affected by competition from e-commerce because it competes via convenience and price, according to Howard Davidowitz, chairman of New York City-based retail consulting and investment banking firm Davidowitz & Associates.
The strength of the dollar store segment during and after the Great Recession highlights the tale of the two Americas trend in retail," writes Diana Bell with The National Real Estate Investor.
Dollar stores in general are currently in expansion mode and, like other retailers, are experimenting with new concepts to attract millennials. The environment is ripe with opportunity for private investors...Read more
♦ Study: QSR Diners are Headed Elsewhere???
AlixPartners, a global business-advisory firm, conducted a study of more than 1,000 U.S. consumers. Here are the topline surprises!
The study goes into more detail on key areas: technology, delivery, labor costs, and growth...READ MORE
- What? Frequent diners (those visiting at least twice a week) reported that they plan to cut back on fast food and fast casual visits by 8 and 13 percent, respectively, over the next 12 months. Traffic counts are on the decline across the industry as rising menu prices battle supermarket convenience.
- Why? 50 percent of the people who plan to dine out less picked "saving monday," with 32 percent of those planning to use their hard-earned funds for travel and 31 percent on "personal services."
- Of those surveyed, 44 percent also say, "they want to eat healthier" as a reason to cut back on eating out.
- Where are they going to save money? 56 percent say they are electing for ready-to-eat meals from convenience of grocery stores due to lower prices.
♦ JAB Continues Expansion into U.S. Restaurant Industry with $7.5B Acquisition of Panera Bread The same private investment firm that bought Krispy Kreme Doughnuts last year, (JAB Holding Co.), has also bought Panera Bread Co. This means that the publicly traded company will be going private after 25 years...
♦ Why 'Grocerants' Are the New Trend, Taking Bite out of Restaurants The millennial driven "phenomenon" that's part grocery store, part restaurant is "creating tough new competition for fast-food chains and traditional restaurants." With visits increasing by nearly 30% since 2008, grocerants generated 2.4 billion visits and $10 billion in sales last year...Read more
Email YOUR SINGLE TENANT NET LEASE QUESTIONS to Nancy. She will answer them individually or publish the answer in an upcoming newsletter, leaving you anonymous!
"We are doing an IRS 1031 Exchange. When should we start looking for replacement properties?"
- Shelley and Craig in Denver
"Shelley and Craig, this is a great question! You must be proactive. If you are already under contract for your relinquished property (the one you are selling), you should be looking NOW!! By the time you review, negotiate and put a potential property under contract, the 45 day identification period is likely to be well underway.”
This is such an important topic that we will be featuring it in the next edition of the National Single Tenant Insider.
♦ Dollar General - Bull Realty represented the buyer in the sale of this Dollar General located in Jackson, MS. The April 2017 transaction sold for $1,316,637 at a 7.1% cap rate with 14.5+ yrs remaining on a 15 year NNN lease.
♦ Caliber Collision - Bull Realty represented the buyer in the sale of this Caliber Collision located in Snellville, GA (Atlanta MSA). The March 2017 transaction of this newly re-puropsed property sold for $1,778,000 at a 6.75% cap rate with a 15 year NNN lease.
The information in this newsletter is deemed reliable but is not warranted. Any information important to your business should be independently confirmed in an appropriate due diligence period. All rights reserved.